Our church praying for 40 days for our Take It to the Streets Ministry. Each day will have a scripture reading, a list things to pray for and I will write a quick devotional thought from the day’s passage. The schedule is not original with us but is built off of YouVersion’s Bible App.
– Jonah 4:6-11
Things come into our lives at an amazing rate of speed.
Things that bring us Joy
Things that help us relax
There’s is nothing wrong with having these things unless they become more important than the people around us
And it is really bad if they become more important than sharing our faith, or more important than seeing people come to know Jesus
Jonah had this issue
On top of that he possessed a unloving attitude for a certain people group. He didn’t think that God should show His love to the Ninevites… He believed that God should only show His love toward His people… toward “me”
Consumed by selfish motives, hatred and his own will. Jonah gets upset at the passing away of a plant that had brought him…
Jonah wouldn’t have been upset if God had destroyed the very people He had just preached too…
but to destroy the plant was unthinkable
This is a staggering thought.
– Today as we pray ask God to reveal to you any people group that you may not like or a neighbor you wish would get what is coming to them. Ask God to help you with your attitude toward them. Ask God to move you to the place where you love them as much as He does.
– Pray that God would show you if you place your love for yourself above others, or if you place your desire for comfort, joy and relaxation above anything else in your life. If He shows you that you do… then take a moment to repent of that.
– Pray that God would give our church a heart to see our entire community come to know Jesus. That the desire to see our community transformed for Christ would burn in our souls at the same magnitude as God’s desire for that to happen
– Ask God to show you what your role would be in accomplishing that mission.
– Pray for Take 5.2 that we will see amazing things happen as a result of God working in people’s lives.
5 thoughts on “Prayer Take 21/40”
Praying and very thankful for extra hour of sleep this am;)