Our church praying for 40 days for our Take It to the Streets Ministry. Each day will have a scripture reading, a list things to pray for and I will write a quick devotional thought from the day’s passage. The schedule is not original with us but is built off of YouVersion’s Bible App.
You and I
Those of us that have received Jesus as our Savior
Free from Sin
Free from Death
Free from Judgement
We are no longer slaves to all of “sins messes”…
except for when we decide to be. When we willfully choose to take the yoke of “sin” and wear it for a few days… a few months… or a few years. This text tell us not to do that. There are many reasons why and here is the one for today…
When we live this way it ruins our testimony with the people who see or hear about the yoke we have chosen to carry around. And no matter how we try to cover it up and make the yoke look better than it really is the people around us know what is going on and PR will not cover it up.
As we pray for our community and for God to show us how He would like us to reach it, the most important thing we can do is make sure we are not caring around yokes of sin on our shoulders…
yokes that would hinder the effectiveness of the gospel.
yokes that communicate to the lost… “there’s no difference here”
So today as you pray…
– Ask that God would deliver you and forgive you from your yoke (if you have one, if you don’t know ask Him to reveal it to you )
– Pray for your neighbors that God will continue to draw them to Him. Pray for their salvation that they too will begin a relationship with Jesus and become free from their in-slavement to sin.
– Pray for a strong presence of God in your neighborhood
– Walk around your neighborhood tonight praying for each house and every trick or “treat-er.”
– Pray for Take 5.2 that the practices and planning will continue to be blessed by Him.
– Pray that we will effectively get the word out concerning this play and that the gospel will be clear on the nights we present it.
– Pray that God will show our church how He would like us to reach our community in the future.
8 thoughts on “Prayer Take 17/40”
Late but I prayed.