Our church praying for 40 days for our Take It to the Streets Ministry. Each day will have a scripture reading, a list things to pray for and I will write a quick devotional thought from the day’s passage. The schedule is not original with us but is built off of YouVersion’s Bible App.
– Joshua 3:5
Set yourself apart…
apart from what?
Consecrate yourself… “set yourself apart” for a particular purpose.
In this text Consecrate means to take something that is ordinary and set it aside to be something extraordinary.
Wouldn’t it be great if God took our church and made it extra ordinary? That He would so move in our church we would not be “normal”… that we would give Him complete control of what we do, allowing Him to take our ordinary church with our ordinary people and do something extraordinary with all of us?
wouldn’t that be great?
I think it would.
So today lets take sometime to make sure we have released ourselves and our church to God with a renewed commitment to follow Him as He shows us where to go and what to do for His honor and glory.
for when that happens extraordinary things take place…
and I want to be a part of that.
– Pray that we will keep our eyes fixed on Jesus
– For Take 5.2 with whatever God lays on your heart concerning it
– Pray for an increase in the showing of God’s love in our church and in our neighborhoods
– Pray for God to show you how to be a better neighbor to those who live on your street.
– Additional Challenge – Read Romans 13:8-10 – and meditate on these verses today, set aside time for God to speak to you through them and write below what He has shown you from this passage.