Our church praying for 40 days for our Take It to the Streets Ministry. Each day will have a scripture reading, a list things to pray for and I will write a quick devotional thought from the day’s passage. The schedule is not original with us but is built off of YouVersion’s Bible App.
– James 5:12-17
Honesty is the best policy. Just be who you are and do not try to put up a front. Do not make yourself look like something you are not. “Let your yes” not be found out to be a no. Live so that your neighbors know exactly who you are in Christ.
In other words don’t fake religion. Just live for Jesus and represent him by being honest.
So when those in your community are hurting, you can pray for them and it will mean “something to them”.
When those in your community are celebrating an achievement you can celebrate with them and it will “mean something” to them.
If someone in the church is sick, may they have the confidence in the leaders of the church and will feel comfortable asking them for prayer because they are confident the leadership’s walk with God.
– So today pray that God would show you if you are living right or not. That He would show you where you are putting on a show for others with your life, if that is the case with you.
– Go to one of your neighbor’s houses today where you know they are struggling with cancer or a sickness and ask them if you can pray for them.
– Pray that God would work on your heart and mind to raise you up to be an authentic representation of who He is.
– Pray that God would give you the strength to let your yes be yes and your no be no. That He would give you the gumption to be who He is creating you to be.
– Pray for Take 5.2 and thank God we have the opportunity to share the gospel with people in this way.