Our church praying for 40 days for our Take It to the Streets Ministry. Each day will have a scripture reading, a list things to pray for and I will write a quick devotional thought from the day’s passage. The schedule is not original with us but is built off of YouVersion’s Bible App.
– Luke 10:1-6
I have read this passage many times… many times.
I have heard this passage preached more times than I can count by missionaries, pastors, revivalist and even lay leaders. Books have been written on the topic of this passage covering various aspects often taking a different approach in order to have a fresh “word” or “idea concerning this passage.
I do not have the stats nor have I thought of a scientific way of measuring this next thought… but here it is…
I wonder if I have read and heard more messages on this passage than there are actual laborers I know working for souls.
I wonder if you could count how many times this passage had been read or proclaimed if that total would be more than the number of actual laborers that are doing the work of bringing in the harvest?
My gut feeling (which isn’t scientific) says… we have heard and read more times than we have laborers and I bet the difference between the 2 numbers would be drastic.
This is why praying to the Lord of the harvest to send laborers today is so crucial. Praying that the message would not only be heard and thought about but it would also be acted on…
The more this world changes the more I see the truth of this passage… that the harvest fields are ripe and growing. The “more” lost someone gets the more ready they are to be harvested. The darker a place gets the the more prominent the light is when it shines. The deeper you go into the field the less people know there is more to this life than just the field.
So as we pray today, let’s pray for God to send more laborers into the field and add to that prayer a personal one that says….
“Lord here am I send me.”
– Pray to God for opportunities to get to know your neighbors, as you walk or drive past your neighbors houses.
– Pray for our church that our burden to pray and reach our neighbors for Christ would grow stronger and our motivation to reach them would grow as well.
– Pray that God would protect us as we go forward with proclaiming the gospel to people who need to hear it. That he would ” deliver us from the attacks of the evil one”
– Pray for God to Bless the people of our church and pray that God would bless the neighbors you are praying for.
– Pray for Take 5.2 – as we prepare to give the gospel to our community this Christmas Season
– Pray for Take 13 – our Traveling Trunk or Treat that we will be able to make positive contacts in our community and see people not only come to our church as a result of that connection but also see many come to know Jesus as their Savior.
12 thoughts on “Prayer Take 3/40”
Praying for Take it to the Streets and Election 2012.
Lord, forgive me for the many missed opportunities that You place in my path each day. Please soften my heart to the needs of those around me and give me the boldness to share Christ with all who need to hear!