Our church praying for 40 days for our Take It to the Streets Ministry. Each day will have a scripture reading, a list things to pray for and I will write a quick devotional thought from the day’s passage. The schedule is not original with us but is built off of YouVersion’s Bible App.
Jesus was lead into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. He was lead there by the Spirit of God. But what did Jesus pray for while He was not eating, while He was fasting, while He was getting weak?
Well, if the rest of scripture gives us a clue, such as with the life of Paul and others, one thing He was praying for was the ministry He was about to embark on. For the people He would come into contact with and for the leadership He would select to carry on the mission once He departed.
This is an encouragement to you and I to stay faithful to these 40 days of prayer we have committed too. I know it is just the 2nd day and we are all into it right now but when day 33 comes around and it gets a bit more difficult to accomplish…
We must be ready to push through and stay faithful to our commitment.
For if Jesus needed to pray for His ministry…
even more so do we!
– Today ask God to reveal His heart to you for your neighborhood. Drive by or walk by three houses on your street and pray over them. Ideally households where the people need to start a relationship with Christ and pray that God will lead them in that direction.
– Tonight Pray with your family concerning these request
– Pray for Take 5.2 – as we prepare to give the gospel to our community this Christmas Season
– Pray for Take 13 – our Traveling Trunk or Treat that we will be able to make positive contacts in our community and see people not only come to our church as a result of that connection but also see many come to know Jesus as their Savior.
– If you are able, think about a day or two during these 40 days of prayer that you could fast for the day and focus in on your role in reaching others for Christ and for God to empower you and the rest of the church to do so.