Our church praying for 40 days for our Take It to the Streets Ministry. Each day will have a scripture reading, a list things to pray for and I will write a quick devotional thought from the day’s passage. The schedule is not original with us but is built off of YouVersion’s Bible App.
– John 4:34-38
There is a lot of work to do. The harvest is ready and we need to do the work of gathering it in.
maybe a lot of times…
we are not real sure how to harvest it.
We have seen and read about many coming to know Jesus. We have seen churches that baptize many on a given sunday. Yes, we have seen but often wonder how it was accomplished.
The way to harvest is to always strive to do “the will of the One who sent us.” However it’s often times hard to determine what He wants us to do to be a part of Him gathering people to Himself. It takes work and prayer in order to see that clearly. It is easier to take what someone else has done and do that than it is for us to search and see what God wants us to do next.
– So today lets pray that God would show us how He would like us to be a part of the work of “gathering in the harvest” in our community
– Ask God to help you develop deep relationships with your neighbors that will open up opportunities for you to share your faith with them.
– Ask God to show you how to effectively show love and concern for your neighbors and that He will prepare your heart concerning what to say to them when the opportunity arises for you to do so.
– Ask God to give you courage as you reach out and tell others about Him
– Pray for Take 5.2 that it will go well and we will see many come to know Jesus and dedicate themselves to be His disciples.
3 thoughts on “Prayer Take 36/40”