Our church praying for 40 days for our Take It to the Streets Ministry. Each day will have a scripture reading, a list things to pray for and I will write a quick devotional thought from the day’s passage. The schedule is not original with us but is built off of YouVersion’s Bible App.
(The scripture today is not from YouVersion)
– Jeremiah 29:13 (29:11-14)
No matter the situation you find yourself in today.
No matter how good things might be
No matter how bland things might be
No matter how bad things might be
God can be found if He is sought after with all your heart.
God can be found if we, together seek Him with all our heart.
What do you think would happen if Christians all across our area and even to the boarders of our nation joined together in earnestly seeking the Lord?
What would happen if we sought Him with all our heart and kept asking Him, Lord, How do we reach the people around us? How do we effectively get the message to them? If we asked Him to “please work among us and show us what we need to do next to get the message out that You came into the world to save it.”
What would happen if more of us stopped what we were doing and prayed with all our heart to find Him and beg of Him to move in a mighty way in our community?
He would show us what to do and He would move.
– Make time to stop what you are doing. Go somewhere you can be alone for a while. Get on your knees and seek God will all your strength.
– Ask God to show our church ways we can reach out and Take the Church to our community.
– Ask God to move more and more people in our church to pray and seek God during our 40 days of focused prayer… and even after it is completed.
– Ask God to show us what to do and keep us motivated to do it.
– Pray for Take 5.2 – as we prepare to give the gospel to our community this Christmas Season
– Pray for Take 13 – our Traveling Trunk or Treat that we will be able to make positive contacts in our community and see people not only come to our church as a result of that connection but also see many come to know Jesus as their Savior.
Remember – God is not Hiding, He desires to be found.