This is the start of our church praying for 40 days for our Take It to the Streets Ministry. Each day will have a scripture reading, a list things to pray for and I will write a quick devotional thought from the day’s passage. The schedule is not original with us but is built off of YouVersion’s Bible App.
Daniel was a prayer… No doubt
So much so others knew he was a man of prayer and those that worked with him were very familiar with his prayer habits.
The problem was they didn’t like Daniel, and with an act of legislation they made it illegal to pray to Daniel’s God…
The God of the Bible
The one true God.
Before this legislation was past I am sure Daniel prayed that it would not come to be… But when it did the first thing the did was….
He went home to pray.
The prayer had not been answered in the way that Daniel had wanted it to be… He had wanted the legislation not to be past at all, but now that it had been to Daniel that only meant 1 thing.
God had bigger plans
So he went home and prayed about that.
Sometimes we know we are praying for the right thing but that doesn’t mean we are praying for the right method. So when the method doesn’t come to be what we need to do is keep praying for the right thing and leave the method of His answer up to Him….
after all that’s prayer in action
– pray for those in our church that find it difficult to practice their faith on a weekly basis because of pressure that comes from the environments they work or live in.
– pray that the people of our church would develop a daily habit of prayer
– pray that God will give us all the insight and wisdom to pray for the right things and trust God to choose the method that brings Him the most Honor and Glory… The answer that causes people to receive Christ as their Savior.
– Pray for Take 5.2 – as we prepare to give the gospel to our community this Christmas Season
– Pray for Take 13 – our Traveling Trunk or Treat that we will be able to make positive contacts in our community and see people not only come to our church as a result of that connection but also see many come to know Jesus as their Savior.